Roasting great coffee is simpler than you might think.
You will need the following:
- Green coffee beans ( I purchase from Showroom Coffee)
- Popcorn maker (Purchase from Amazon here: Whirley-Pop Popcorn Popper – Metal Gear – Silver)
- A heat source such as an oven stove.
- I set the heat to slightly over medium (for most stoves, this would be a “6”).
- It takes about 45 minutes of continuous stirring until your beans will be ready.
A few extra tips:
- You can roast to your desired level (light, medium, dark) by keeping an eye on the color and removing from heat.
- Listen for your beans to “speak” to you. When your beans reach a high enough temperature, they will begin to pop/crack. There are two phases of cracking with a few minutes between. The second crack usually occurs when the beans are approaching a dark roast.